Sunday, March 2, 2014

Cat Holes and Dog Bowls

Oh you read that correctly! Welcome to the wide world of potty training!! Yes, we are starting potty training. We have a potty, and a seat adapter thingy, and there may be stickers, and unnatural happiness about urinary and bowel functions. We are making the leap. For now the diapers stay.  We'll be reassessing that in a few months. Yes, months. This is my no pressure approach to potty training. Every other hour (or so) we are putting LD on the pot and seeing what happens. Praise when he goes to the toilet and none when he doesn't. Then if we haven't made any progress by May we'll start working on some other method. Any tips and tricks out there?? We are all ears!

But, in line with potty training, LD loves dog water. Yes he does! He prefers to drink from the dog bowls...I swear I'm not abusing my child or making him. I shake my head and tell myself, "at least he's hydrating" and go on about my day. So this should make potty training fun not know when exactly he drank last because he drinks whenever he wants from the dog bowls.

LD just had his 18 month appointment and he is growing beautifully. Docs advice for the sleep issues?? Let him CIO...ya, well...that may not happen. We need to get him out for a hike and just exhaust him every night-if you ask me. So we may have sleep issues in this house for awhile longer. Like right now. I just had to take away a bottle of bleach and because LD is beyond tired he is now screaming bloody murder...I'm going to have to let him scream. I don't want my child to scream himself to sleep but I'm more than okay with letting him scream when he doesn't get his way...it's upside down. I'm going to hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment